Human Relations Council
- 7 pm
- 1st Monday of every month
- Administration Building
1 Municipal Plaza
Freehold, NJ 07728
- Special meetings may be called at the discretion of the Chairperson
- Steven Boyce
- Janiece Kirton
- Don Cruz
- Maureen Fasano
- Pastor Matthew Jones
- Ibqai Naqvi
- Joann Price
- Rich Hudak
- Rabbi Brooks Susman
- Dr. Stan Zebrowski
This Council's responsibilities include conducting forums that will allow groups or individuals to share the benefits of diversity, and to review any bias incidents which may occur in Freehold Township.
The Human Relations Council is made up of people who live and work in Freehold Township. We are a multicultural committee of various races, career fields, religious faiths, and sexual orientations that are all represented in our group. Local business owners, teachers, counselors, pastors, rabbis, imams & members of the police department are involved in the HRC.
We want to make the community in which we live and work the best place it can possibly be. Specifically, our objectives are:
- To foster and promote good will, cooperation and conciliation among all the habitants of Freehold Township.
- To mediate cultural problems and incidents of bias.
- To conduct forums that will allow groups or individuals to share cultural problems.
- To review stereotyping or bias incidents that may occur.
- To cooperate with other units of government or agencies concerned with purposes similar to that of the Council.
- To make recommendations to the Mayor and Township Committee for the development of policies, procedures and programs that will aid in the prevention and elimination of all types of discrimination based upon race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status or sex.