The Freehold Township Police Department (FTPD) comprises 3 major divisions with specific areas of responsibility for each division.
The Patrol Division is the largest unit and actively patrols all areas of the Township 24 hours per day. The officers in the Patrol Division respond to calls for police services and provide traffic-related duties, including enforcement activities.
The Investigation Division includes the Juvenile and Detective Bureaus. These bureaus provide in-depth investigation of criminal activities, as well as perform special investigations which are unique to juveniles.
The Services Division is composed of the Records Bureau and Support Services. The Records Bureau maintains the records of all traffic and police incidents which have been reported. Accident Reports can now easily be obtained online. Copies of Police Reports or Accident Reports can be obtained at the Records Bureau between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. There is a fee of $0.05 per page for copies of reports obtained in person. Copies also can be obtained by mail by submitting a request in writing, along with a self-addressed envelope, to:
Police Records Bureau
1 Municipal Plaza
Freehold, NJ 07728
The total cost for mailed reports can be obtained by calling the Records Bureau at 732-294-2116. Support Services provides support services to all divisions of the Department.
The Internal Affairs Unit has an obligation to investigate or review any allegation of employee misconduct that is a potential violation of the agency's rules and regulations or which indicates that an employee is unable, unwilling or unfit to perform his or her duties.
If anyone would like to report an allegation of police misconduct, please use the Internal Affairs Complaint Form (PDF) or contact the Freehold Township Police Department at 732-462-7500 any time of the day.
For any other Internal Affairs inquiries please contact the Internal Affairs Unit:
- Detective Lieutenant Joe Winowski 732-294-5139
- Detective Sergeant Frank Mount 732-294-5140
Links & Documents
- Police Department Employment
- Freehold Township Police Benevolent Association (PBA) Number 209 Facebook Page
- FTPD Internal Affairs Complaint Information (PDF)
- FTPD Random Drug Screening Policy (PDF)
- Monmouth County Early Warning System Policy adopted by FTPD (PDF)
- 2021 Annual Major Discipline Reporting Form (PDF)
- 2020 Annual Major Discipline Reporting Form (PDF)
- 2021 Annual Internal Affairs Summary Report for FTPD (PDF)
- 2020 Annual Internal Affairs Summary Report for FTPD (PDF)
- FTPD Internal Affairs Complaint Form (PDF), which should be emailed to Internal Affairs