Obtaining Certified Copies of Vital Records (Birth, Death, Marriage, Civil Union, Domestic Partnership)

In accordance with the Governor's Executive Order Number 18, only the following persons are entitled to a certified copy of a vital record: subject; subject's parent, legal guardian or legal representative; spouse; child; grandchild of subject; or sibling, if of legal age.

In order to receive a certified copy of a birth, death, marriage record, civil union or domestic partnership, you must complete the Vital Record Application (PDF) and send the following information in with your request:

  • A copy of a photo ID showing your address - or
    • On a photo ID without address, you must submit 1 other form of ID showing address - or
    • 2 alternate forms of ID showing address, i.e. vehicle registration, insurance card, voter registration, passport, green card, county ID, school ID, utility bill
  • Fee of $16 in cash (no cash in the mail), check, or money order made payable to Freehold Township
  • Self-addressed stamped envelope

Send all requests to:

Vital Statistics
1 Municipal Plaza
Freehold, NJ 07728

Please be advised, we can only send a certified copy to the address on the ID - by law.

Should you require additional information, please call the Office of the Registrar at 732-294-2010.