Located on a bluff overlooking Route 79 (Broadway) in Freehold, NJ this burying ground is on approximately 1/4 of an acre of ground. In about 1702 John Wikoff (Wyckoff) purchased 1000 acres of land near Freehold, and within the tract is this grave plot. The graves are of prominent local citizens and founding families from the area surrounding the cemetery.
The Wikoff (Wykoff) Cemetery was re-dedicated and the ground re-consecrated on June 21, 2008. The Historic Preservation Commission paid to have the land cleaned up and the fence installed. The process took about 3 years from start to finish.